About 90% of Americans don’t consume enough fruits and vegetables, which has dangerous repercussions for heart and digestive health as an entire society.
It’s almost impossible to consume enough veggies from diet alone so a raw juice cleanse can help Americans supplement their diet.
What are the Benefits of a Cleanse with Raw Juice?
A juice cleanse can boost weight loss, reduce inflammation, and much more.
It Can Boost Weight Loss
Losing weight is hard. Switching to a raw juice diet for a few days is an excellent way to jumpstart weight loss while still consuming the protein and calories the body needs.
Studies show that subjects on a juice cleanse were able to significantly drop weight in as little as four days. Just make sure to stick to a healthy diet after the cleanse.
It Gives the Digestive System a Break
The digestive system is very sensitive and puts up with quite a beating. Processed foods wreak havoc on the delicate gut flora and bacteria living inside the digestive system.
Switching to a raw juice diet for a few days can help remove bad bacteria while encouraging the growth of healthy gut microbes and bacteria.
It Improves Hydration
Not only is it challenging to drink enough water, but it’s also boring. Switch things up with a raw juice cleanse. Fruits and vegetables like cucumber, celery, and melons contain large amounts of water that can help improve overall hydration.
It Can Reduce Inflammation
High-sodium, high-fat, and high-sugar foods cause inflammation so simply switching to healthy foods and veggies is already enough to help reduce inflammation.
Not only that, but ingredients like ginger, blueberries, and broccoli contain antioxidants to help fight inflammation.
Who Shouldn’t Do a Juice Cleanse?
Anyone with a history of kidney stones should probably avoid a juice cleanse. Consuming high amounts of oxalates found in specific fruits and veggies can worsen the condition.
Juice Cleanse Tips to Get It Right
Keep these tips in mind to make the most out of a juice cleanse and avoid problems.
- Make sure to consume enough calories each day.
- Include protein-rich veggies like broccoli, avocado, and asparagus.
- Avoid high-sugar fruits like pineapple and mangoes.
- Include low or moderate-sugar fruits like dark berries, apples, lemons, limes, and melon.
- Keep an eye on oxalate consumption to avoid kidney problems. High oxalate foods include spinach and beets.
- Add spices and herbs for extra boosts. Turmeric is excellent for inflammation while cayenne is a great choice for weight loss.
- Don’t rely on a raw juice cleanse to solve every problem. Plan a follow-up diet.
- Drink juice as soon as it’s made. Unpasteurized juice left in the fridge can quickly become toxic.
Take Raw Juicing to the Next level
Juicing every day can quickly become a hassle. Fruits and veggies always seem to go bad while they wait for their turn in the juicer.
Basik Nutrition offers a wide range of powders and supplements to supplement any raw juice cleanse. Essential Greens from Basik Nutrition makes it easy to consume the daily recommended servings of veggies.
Shop sugar-free Essential Greens from Basik Nutrition today.